5.16.2007

Package Take II


My second thoughtful package to report on was sent to my mother for Mother's Day.

I made a list of things I knew my mother enjoyed and things that reminded me of her, and then added to the list things I have learned from her over the years. It was fun to find connections to some of those items and added a little note to each one. Here are some examples of the items I sent in her package:

Barnes and Noble gift card: Her love to read and learn has always made an impression on me to seek information I have interest in and helped me want to gain my college education.

Her fav candy: Having a sweet tooth is fine to indulge in, but aim for moderation. I am still working on this lesson!

Cute notepad and new pens: To work hard with every job I have and always write everything down (we share the forgetful gene).
A new CD: Her love for music is much appreciated. Growing up she was always open to listening to what I liked and often enjoyed it right along with me. She never complained about what I listened to and didn't ask me to turn it down or off.

Photo album with photos of Zane's life: Most importantly of all, I learned so many things about being a mother from her! I always think of her patience and calmness and strive to be that kind of mother every day.

You've still got time this month to get your package out- go for it and tell me all about it!