5.03.2007

administrative business

Once when I was working at the call center as a supervisor I got a new team. It was full of experienced reps that knew how to do their job well. I was baffled when I reviewed their stats to see how poorly they performed compared to other teams. I thought they were burned out or needed motivational tactics such as contests, etc. What it ultimately boiled down to was a lack of productivity goals. I met with each person and talked through the department expectation of their weekly stats and worked with them on realistic goals and tactics to help them achieve success. Each person had a plan, a goal to aim for each day when they came to work.

They rocked. They not only passed their goals, but they were excited and more alive each day. They cared more about the work they did. They took pride in the weekly productivity report and engaged in healthy competition with their peers.

Some days I reflect on my successes of the week and find a messy house, a bored child, few home cooked meals, and little to no personal time for me. I have been lacking my own productivity goals and excitement for each day.

This month will be better, I have some goals for all aspects of my job that might stretch a little beyond realistic, but it's feeling nice to put more control and structure into my life. It's nice to create a To Do list and check some things off. I think I need this order in my life more than I care to admit. Here is my list for the month of May, each will be jotted into spots within my weekly day planner so it's not so overwhelming and the time-sensitive ones are handled well .

****

dmv/ soc sec: legally change last name (I know, it's been 8 years)
network with headhunters in AZ to assist with Mike's job hunt (5+ contacts)
think about potty training
read scriptures at least every other day
dentist appointments for me and Zane
keep up blogs, all 3 of them
learn 2 new songs on my drums
house hunt/ decide if we will stay here or move to a new home
if above answer becomes move- start packing and disregard this list entirely
research next stage car seat for Z
send thoughtful package
send mother's day gifts
register Z for swim class and preschool
visit my 2 elderly friends Margie and Joann
weekend park days as family (at least 2)
magnify my calling as committee member (prep for activity this month)
FHE once a week
schedule a photography session with a family for June or July
get at least one new Cd
play cards with Mike at least one time a week
2 date nights (one for the temple)
budget/ financial planning weekly with Mike
create and follow meal plans
create and follow daily/ weekly cleaning schedule
try, try, try to not have typos when leaving comments on other blogs