3.28.2007

even antiquated


Today I challenged someone to make a list of 100 things that makes them happy. Today is a day I need to make that list for myself. In no particular order:

Green grass
Laughing
Banana splits
Songs that make me want to move; drum
Being outside
Rain
Conversation
Taking a good photograph
Being confided in; trusted
Strawberries
Soft pajamas
Clean sheets
Getting a letter in the mail; or a long email
Watching someone else learn
Butterflies
Seeing my husband kiss our son’s boo boo
A door being opened for me
Other people being happy
My son singing, laughing, hugging, breathing, sleeping, eating, existing
My husband smiling, laughing, running, explaining, touching
Magic Shell chocolate
Butterscotch hard candy
Sprinklers
Tulips
Helping someone else
Drumming
Seeing a live band I love
Reading magazines in a book store
Record stores
Fruity stripe gum
The ice cream truck
Calls from relatives, especially my mom or sister
Orange crush
Touching lessons, stories
Spending time with my grandmother
Learning the words to a song that moves me
Fuse and IMF channels
Check marks on my To Do list
Attention
Achieved goals (big and small)
Making a new friend
Pad thai
Masaman curry
Chicken tikka masala
California rolls
Warm chocolate chip cookies
A back rub
A foot rub
Pink polish on my toes
My wedding ring when it’s cleaned
Otter pops
Sunshine
A friendly kitten
Cute Overload website
Disco fries
Thick chocolate milk shakes
My camera
Bubbles
My new skirt
Flip flops
Peaches
Santa Cruz
Flying home to AZ (happiness begins once the plane lands)
Snowboarding in the spring
Making a dinner that actually tastes good
Sleeping in (this one made me smile as I typed it!)
Play Doh
Genuine compliments
Going to the park
Alone time
Going to the zoo as a family
Little girls with barrettes in their hair
Jingle bells
Gardens
Candy blogs
Photos and stories of my nieces and nephews
Understanding something in a new way
Fulfilling my potential
Being honest
Girly movies
Caramello candy bar
Oldies music (50’s, 60’s)
Bright blue skies
John Candy movies
Making decisions
Showing my son something new
Creative photography
Bright colors
Thick carpet between my toes
Holding hands
Lady bugs
Wagons
Lunch I don’t make or clean
Date night
The Washington D.C. Temple
A new hair cut
Driving my car
My Heavenly Father
yellow