3.29.2007

people generally trust me

Someday when the kids are grown I hope to have a job that allows me the opportunity to interview a barrage of people and ask them interesting questions others would not ponder nor have the balls to ask. I know I would do well at this job, for all my life people I barely know have felt compelled to open up to me and share secrets (i.e. infidelity! what he hell do I do with that one?). I don't always want to know much of the informatin I get. In such cases, I decided to take the opportunity to respond with daring questions I shouldn't ask (just how exactly were you positioned in the cab and what did the driver do?).

I think if I could choose my first subject it would be a current polygamist family. Sure, I would start off by getting to know them, building rapport and inquiring about their routines, the community, blah blah blah. But I will be honest with you, I only want to know about the guts of it. I want to know about the sex.

Do the wives barter? Talk amongst each other about it? Is it a competitive thing where each tries to be the better lover? Or is there a constant tension, angst for knowing he was with someone else last night. Perhaps we all think he is living the life of the guy in the Enzyte commercial, but he really gets none thanks to the deep emotional baggage such a life might carry for the wives.

People get all enraged when the topic of polygamy comes up, but I am just entranced with my curiosity. I bet I could get them to talk.

This is Backwards Attraction P.I. signing off.