3.30.2007

Vertigo Sucker


Eating and writing about candy makes me happy. Photographing candy, not so much happy times. It's harder than I expected and Cybele does it over at Candy Blog like a pro.

I bumped into this Vertigo sucker recently. It's like a solid milk chocolate and hard candy hybrid. Naturally, you bite into the bland chocolate too soon and you are left with the hard candy portion. It is suppose to taste like caramel, but it doesn't. It was a sugary mass that I would consider borderline repulsive. Somehow there was an unintentional hint of a raspberry aftertaste (?) that resulted in me tossing the pop before finishing half of it. The only positive thing I can say about this product is the plastic stick, so much better than paper sucker sticks.

It's quite the disappointing product if I have to throw it into the garbage.