3.15.2007

challenge

I need to challenge myself sometimes and involve a timeframe or fun things I want to do get pushed out of my mind too easily.

I want to open the challenge to YOU, as well.

Once a month I want to send a Thoughtful Box to someone I am thinking about. Several months ago I sent a filled shoe box to my Aunt Kathy. I was just thinking about her a lot and wanted to tell her in a way beyond a simple phone call. She is such an awesome example of obtaining her goal of education (graduate school grad- first one in the family!). She always makes me laugh and attends any family gathering I am in town for. I sent her some of my fav issues of Real Simple, a little note, a funny picture of Zane, Stella D'ora cookies (we saw the factory in NY, but she had never tried one), and other misc. stuff.

I have decided who my person will be and now I have one month to collect fun things and send it. I would love to post a photo of your Thoughtful Box. It could be for your neighbor, grandma, any relative, friend, or new blogger friend; near or far.

+++++

Step 1: decide on the person

Step 2: obtain a small box, decorate it if you must

Step 3: think about ideas, write them down on a paper, place it in the box for safe keeping

Step 4: collect items for box and get address ready so when it's filled you can send it right away

Step 5: send it! don't let it collect dust. how happy your little gift box will make someone!!!

Once mine reaches its new owner, I will post a photo as a sample.