3.22.2007

happy thursday thoughts


There has to be a list kept somewhere of all the last meals people request before being electrocuted. I would be interested in seeing what is most common, in addition to what is most unusual. Has anyone ever requested monkey brains just to be a total ass?


I wonder to what lengths they go to obtain one of the three meals requested. What if it's Thai Fried Rice from Brooklyn's Lemongrass Grill? What if that was every single option on the person's list? Do they have a chef that tries to emulate what they think I am requesting? Do they try to pretend it's really what I asked for even though it's not? Do they provide a menu of recommended options? Joe's mashed potatoes and BBQ Ribs down the street isn't bad, we have it for lunch all the time. Would they really take a trip to Outback to get someone cheddar fries? And would they work hard at keeping them warm for the prisoner's consumption? If not, I would totally not bother putting that on my list. I would need to know a lot more information about the process before making my list of three options. That would be a pretty important decision.


Even though I am pretty certain Nacho Bell Grande would be exactly what I would want.