3.13.2007

diapers. no, really.

Every parent has their own opinion about diapers, which varies from family to family. Several weeks before Zane was born I bought a pack of newborn Pampers. I don't recall if it was the packaging I was oddly attracted to or my sister's advice that led me to choose the brand. I assumed I would eventually run through each brand to determine a favorite. I never knew that baby fresh scent would hook my loyalty so fast.

Until this weekend. I went to Sam's Club and they didn't carry Zane's needed size. I told myself how silly brand loyalty is when it would be so much more convenient to grab this giant box of Huggies. Surely there can't be that big of a difference between two big name diapers.

Wrong. WRONG. WRONG.

Diaper one: urine and feces seep through clothing, all over boy's legs. Sick.
Hrm, maybe we left that one on too long.
Diaper two: sags to knees and saturates his pants.
Dang, there are a lot of diapers in that box. Put the next one on tighter.
Diaper three: urine and feces combo, once again, everywhere.
How the hell is this company still in business? Who buys this crap? These diapers SUCK.

*

Dear Huggies:
Here's the deal. Get someone on your staff with a baby or two. Your product sucks. There is nothing in the frontal area of the diaper to absorb urine. You know, that area where a boy has a penis and wet stuff comes out. So it all collects into this padding on the underside. This padding does not contain a regular flow of liquid, let alone the additional need for solid fecal matter. I could design a better diaper with a bunch of cotton balls and tape.

signed,
a mother doing laundry all freaking day