5.10.2008

his favorite buddy


I have a blog [called Dear Zane & Evan] where I write about and to my boys. I often post pictures, talk about lessons they/ we are working through, track my parenting thoughts, sometimes vent frustrating moments, and often write about proud times I don't want to forget to document. It's a diary for my boys about their life growing up with a mother and father learning to be the best parents they can be.

It doesn't have a large readership, probably 50 people at most on a given day. The older my kids get, the heavier my heart fills with thoughts and lessons to write about, the more I lean towards figuring out the kind of parent I want to be and boys I want to raise. This may or may not vary from the decisions of my readers. Either way, it makes me stop and think about the things I type and how it will be taken from the perspective of the adults reading it; even though my intended readership is the older version of my children. I want to write more freely to them, not limit personal thoughts and experiences, keep it true and keep it going in the direction I intended when I started it.


For these reasons is it no longer public. Only Mike and I will be invited to write and read these thoughts. It's our ongoing diary to our kids that I will one day edit and publish it for them. Then it will be up to them as to whom they would like to share it with.


++


Often they are lengthy, boring posts many may not even read. It's the photos that may be missed. No worries, I will post them here or on my sidebar flickr account and add captions to keep you updated.