12.18.2006

cheap thrills

Someday I will feel I have mastered the drums. I will still play them and hopefully have a better kit and make impressive sounds with original music. Then I will want more.

That is when I will seek an opportunity to learn and master this beauty. A '50s Stratocaster Relic Fender. I touch it every time I visit Guitar Center as I pass it on the way to lick my ideal drum kit.




If I could have music accompany this post it would be monks chanting. Or maybe just some angels singing in unison.

When I get to see it in person it's like that feeling of a heavy crush. When Mike would arrive to work and pass by my cubicle and my breath would halt. I am immediately aware of every misplaced hair and imperfection, but my eyes still gaze like a doe in a trance. I wonder if I have food in my teeth.
Yes, I am comparing my attraction to a guitar with the likeness of how I fell in love with a man from across the room. Only in this case I get to fully have my way with the guitar when I see it without exchanging a single word.