6.15.2010

tuesday

I like to wear my husband's running shorts to the gym. It makes me smile. The first time I was so confused at all this extra fabric inside like over stretched underwear. But then I realized it was the built-in penis pouch. It swings like a pendulum between my legs while I run. It makes me miss him. And the things we do. When he's in town. And the lights are dim.
***

We have this insane clown posse ant farm scattered in our yard. That does not make me smile.

***

My friend from CA Jen blogged about her goal last summer to do something fun every day. It rocked, check it out here. I had a newborn so I basically spent the summer nursing the baby and putting on movies for my boys. THIS summer I have vowed to do something fun each day. Some days might be going to the pool or a children's museum, while others might be more low key like making cookies, getting ice cream, or building forts. I try to incorporate friends as much as possible to keep the social skills developing for the kids. I am enjoying summer and relishing the extra time (albeit trying at times) I have with Zane out of school to find teaching moments with him during the day and soaking up his laugh right along with the other two.