6.16.2010

somehow this is just how my mind works


So my son thought some Robert Doisneau prints in the bathroom were featuring his late great-grandmother. As I took a close look, the beautiful women in the pictures do look similar to her younger years from photos we showed him.

I asked him where he thought she was. He said he didn't know. I told him I think she is learning about Christ and teaching other people what she learns in The Spirit World.


***

So I wonder what it will be like when we are on the other side of the veil. We always imagine our ancestors greeting us and celebrating our heritage. The things we learn on earth and gifts we are given come with us, right? So super funny people should still be super funny in the afterlife. So what happens when we see people like John Candy? Will it be like we are all related and hang out? Or will we need to stand in long lines to meet people like that? Will we ask him to do that funny bit again from a certain movie?