4.11.2007

breaking up is hard to do


Okay, so I quit this "band" deal a little bit ago and have really missed it. Short end of it is I am super tired by 5pm that lugging my whole kit into Oakland and back to play for 3 hours was wearing on my pregnant little soul.

I will find another group to play in again once my life can handle that sort of 'me' time and freedom. But I know it won't be the same, I gained some cool friends. I will always remember how each week I learned a little more about how to play in a band; to be a better drummer.

Here's a brief part of a note from Nigel when I asked him if they have been playing lately:

No, we haven't been playing each week. Our last drummer went and got pregnant (bitch) and do you have any idea how hard it is to find a drummer? We are actually playing with some guy on Monday, so I'm quite excited about that. First time since a week or two after you pissed off. Need to do some practice!

I miss those guys.
I miss my weekly hobby time.
I miss rockin out.
I miss my weekly dose of british humor.