6.30.2006

rejection letter

How strange that this rejection letter somehow felt uplifting and makes me more determined to keep playing, get better, and find my band.
----

Liz,

It was truly a pleasure meeting you last night. I think that if we had a bias about girl drummers before, that is all gone. Your explanation about reading that book that challenged you to consider doing what you want with your life was excellent. If you don’t mind, could you send me the name of the book?



So…regarding music: The overwhelming response we felt and discussed after you left was why didn’t you start playing drums five years ago? If you had, we definitely felt that we would have found our drummer. The only issue we have right now is that we really can’t wait for you to get to the level that you certainly will be and we need you to be. We all commented how amazing it was for someone to be at your level after only a few months of playing.

There is no doubt in my mind that you will land in another band shortly. Your attitude and love for playing music is obvious. This might sound strange but do let me know what you are doing musically as I’d love to see you play.

Regards and best of luck,

(name of bassist inserted here)

---

this is the book that inspired me to begin drumming:
[http://www.livewhatyoulove.com/pages/books.html]