6.20.2006

home sickness




I miss wearing my pink coat

fall

loud New Yoawka accents

the fashion forward people around me


no chit chat from the cashiers

bronx river parkway

the duck pond

my stoop

Zane's blue & yellow room

being settled, things in places where I want them

my safe, smaller home with only one entrance to secure

the neighborly dry cleaning discount

my porch light

borrowing an egg from mimi, my neighbor

The grumpy italian guy down the block

The Jesus statue in his lawn

the crazy dad that yelled at his kids on the other side of the fence

the girl on Kensington who played basketball out front after school

my drumming lessons

the wedding store that always had a new, dazzling dress displayed in the window

the cobbler! we had a cobbler!

my refrigerator that didn't close on me with brute force

my oven lock

afternoons at the park with friends and their kids I have seen grow since birth

being there for a friend who needs me

getting a slice with that friend when I need her