6.20.2006

m&m's

So....the momentum and excitement of moving to CA has started to settle itself. It turns out there is very little reason to step outside of my little town on a day-to-day basis. Anything I need is within a 4 mile radius. I have not gotten lost a single time! That is a first for me. Especially considering the fact that I would get lost after living in a 'hood for over a year in NY.

I don't have interesting pictures to post. Somehow this new place seems all too familiar.

These are all the brilliant reasons (in addition to several others) that led me to insist we live in Walnut Creek. It's charming, safe, beautiful, convenient. It just doesn't provide a great deal of blog material.

We plan to get the momentum started again and have begun a list of places to visit and things to see in SF and surrounding bay areas. I have yet to venture out into SF with just Zane, but that's a goal of mine for next month.

Time to shake things up and get out of our comfortable routines. And how the hell did comfortable become so quick to achieve? Funny, one waits 7 years for easy street and then one goes looking for opportunity to drag the stroller around and complicate the day further away.

p.s.
Dear Hayward Fault,
By 'shake things up' I didn't mean I want an earthquake. Ever. Please don't.