11.13.2006

rhododendrons

My favorite scene in the movie Can't Buy Me Love is when Ronald (Patrick Dempsey) tells Cindy (Amanda Peterson):

"Yes, and you have the nicest pair of rhododendrons in town!"

She looks confused and says: "Rhodo-who's?"

Then she goes into her house. He is heart broken for not saying something more clever.

I wish I could say I have the best lemons in town, but I think it's probably not so when they are just turning yellow in NOVEMBER.

They also tend to be on the smaller side of the scale.

+++

And someday I might grow watermelon just so I can say I have the best melons to everyone at the block party. Most of my current neighbors are over 70, so I think I might wait a couple of years until they get to know me better. Because, really, will I ever live in a neighborhood again when my chances of that statement being a partially true pun ever happen?

In the meantime, we are just the family with the pathetic lemon tree out front and the funny little boy who rides a
purple toy car.