11.08.2006

Love & Rockets

Every week I pass this inviting Comic Book store. It's been teasing me to come in and explore. Telling me there are amazing illustrators I need to appreciate. Luring me to flip thin pages and carefully scan the shelves.

I have been ignoring the plea and found myself more drawn to the ice cream shop; until yesterday. I finally got brave enough to go inside. It was the most interesting forty minutes I have spent in a good
while.

Turns out- as a super bonus- Gavin from Dance Hall CRASHERS (my fav band in college) recently worked there. To think, he could have been the one telling me all about Vertigo and Eightball! It could have been magical.
It would have gone something like this:

Me: Wait, you look vaguely familiar.....

Him: Yah, I was in this band a while ago. Just some ska band.

Me: Gavin. Gavin? Gavin. Wait, you'
re the drummer for DANCE HALL CRASHERS aren't you!? Remember when I saw you backstage in AZ and complained about how all the jocks are going to ska shows and you shrugged it off.

Him: Yea, well.

Me: I have SO been trying to figure out your drum fills on X, Y, Z songs while pounding the treadmill for months! How about I take some drum lessons from you?!

Him: {looking at my feet} OMG those are awesome Old Navy flip flops! Of course I can teach you- you will so be rockin' in no time fast!

Me: I turn on my heel, carried off with a dramatic gust of wind. JUST like Greta Garbo.

Why did I wait?