8.02.2007

things I wish I could make

cos no one else does it the way it should be without over-pricing:



children's bedding- all I want are simple patterns or stripes with some colors that are not obnoxious. navy blue pinstripe sheets with a blue blanket that has an orange (or brown), thick ribbon stripe across the top. Really, it's time I learn how to sew. I could easily pull the room together with this color scheme.

boy's T-shirts- basic colors. how about solids with zero logo. ? why is this so hard? even the little babygap stitched bear is starting to get on my nerves for toddler size clothing.

boy's dressy shoes- brown leather or suede, whatever. just something with decent quality materials that don't look like he is going camping. no, I don't want loafers. I am not hip on the golfer look and we are not part of a yacht club. I can draw exactly what I am looking for, where's my cobbler?

boy's tote bag- this is my first act on frustration due to not finding what I want at a reasonable price. I bought a little beige, cotton tote from Michael's with camo iron-on letters. The letters basically suck and didn't show up (think Cracker Jack Box Tattoo prize). I want to have a re-do on this one and find a cool retro vinyl design to iron on or big nature stamp with brown paint.

boy's socks- can someone tell me where to get the kind of socks the boys we grew up with wore? the socks with the awesome boy stripes that hit mid-calf. I know they are kind of 70's, but I always wished I had a pair growing up.

boy's hair cut- this one gets me every time- can we please have a website or magazine dedicated to different style options for toddler boys that have thin hair? hair club for tots? i have not the slightest clue how to get the boy's hair cut.

I am truly feeling the desire to sit with a designer and create what I want on paper with him or her and then work together to make these things. I just wish I had the talent to execute my specific taste into material items on my own and sell them at prices that make sense for the typical family.