1.15.2007

space invader

I love the shows on the Discovery Channel that tell of the various ways the world is going to come to an end. Last night's feature on the asteroid obliteration was my favorite.

Naturally, it got me thinking of the realistic and tentatively imminent methods of human extinction. Even though I am certain the worst way to die would be in a plane crash (mechanical failure and terrorism alike), starving to death would probably be next.

Each morning I get out of the shower and see my son trying to wear all 3 empty backpacks stored in my closet. Sadly, they are waiting to be filled with food and water for 72 hour survival kits. Something I vow to do each year, but never have. Must move this to the top of my To Do list.

Only this year will be different.
This year I will vow to fill FOUR backpacks.