1.03.2007

orange cream slush

All three of us have an upper respiratory infection. Illness while traveling lends itself to opportunity to visit Urgent Care. Basically, it's when you need to see a doctor on a holiday or weekend, but do not need the services of the emergency room.

I find it's always a strange assortment of characters that staff Urgent Care. I am pretty sure the sourcing initiative begins at the DMV.

Let's see, who should we select for the front desk? How about the woman chewing gum the loudest and who punches me in the face when I accidentally bump into her giant purse as I walk past. She somehow she has a gaggle of 13 children with her, all under the age of 5 and one more on the way. She would be best.

Now for the nurse. The geeky, pimpled out guy with the smallest shred of interpersonal skills will do just fine. Let's make sure if anyone asks about side effects to medication he only replies with "all medicine has side effects" perfected with a look that indicates he cannot be bothered with questions. He so cannot wait to get off work and watch star trek and play computer video games.

As for the doctor. Let's for sure go with the odd man pacing in the corner with the bright orange denim jacket. His constant half smile and akward mannerisms make him a perfect candidate. Tell him to always pause at the door for 5 minutes with that shifty smile when he introduces himself to the patients, like a posessed pervert.

I just hope I will no longer be coughing up my eyeballs tomorrow morning. While those cats at urgent care are fun and all, I would much rather spend my time going to Sonic. In the meantime I have infected about 3 dozen family and friends we have visited with in the past week.

Um, sorry. We didn't know. You can swear at me, I won't mind.