1.06.2007

ripping up my feet over broken glass

The geeky nurse at urgent care got a haircut this week. I got pneumonia. The most unusual part is the left side of my torso feels like it has been used for a punching bag for approximately 13 hours.

I visit a lab where I provide some blood work for Valley Fever testing. The best is this life-size Halloween decoration on the wall of a vampire holding a margarita glass filled with red liquid. The drink stirrer has an eye ball stuck on it. I grin for at least 5 minutes. I think Arizona should change the state motto. Valley Fever: because life isn't exciting enough.

I am glad when I hand over my ID, that it doesn't say NY anymore. I have had too many conversations that begin with "So what's it like living there? Are people rude? Is it just like Sex in the City?"

Racing through the mall to meet a friend I pass a Hispanic man and his toddler in a photo booth taking pictures. This also makes me smile for a good amount of time. I hope their pictures turn out.

Then the Rainforest Cafe appears and I get the feeling I am on a boat with circus music playing and bats attacking me. I pick up the pace and ignore the chills that fly down my back and the flips in my stomach. The mall is really nothing short of what I imagine a cruise boat to be like. And The Wonder Stuff video for Size of a Cow.