10.15.2006

the new zia

It's officially home when I establish the location of some good record stores.

Rasputin is one of them in the East Bay. It has the usual scent of incense (covering the odor of pot) as you enter the doors with theft detecting frames. Something too new [I can't determine the band name] blaring from the ceiling. Low budget tags for shuffling through the cases, alphabetized in sloppy rows. Many out of order. Blondie in the C's. Used CDs in the back. Records to the left. A healthy, yet abandoned section of DVDs to the right. Concert flyers litter the floor as gold leaves cover the earth. To my amazement there is a digital listening station that is like a computer in many aisles. You can select any new record from what they sell and give it a listen. I imagine the only way they would invest in this is if it assisted in the auditing/ inventory process.

I found some potential treasures.

Who told me about Reggie And the Full Effect?
Will I like it?