10.25.2006

informational with touch of yawn

Newer foods [to me] on the YES list:

1) Soy and Flaxseed Tortilla Chips
These can be found in health food stores, jamba juice, safeway, or trader joe's. I love the spicy flavor, sort of like a dorito flavor without the dorito fingers. They are soft to bite into and thin so your teeth enjoy the experience a lot more. Oh...and I am sure there are all sorts of healthy heart reasons to choose these, I have just not bothered to really read about what they are.

2) Reeses Peanut Butter Cups with carmel
I was worried there would be too much carmel, but much to my dismay it was a perfect blend. A light layer underneath the usual amount of peanut butter. Hope they are here to stay and not just seasonal.



3) DoubleDoubleMint Mints
The scent of this gum reminds me of my sweet aunt Eyvonne, she was always chewing it. All the other kids would raid her purse for a piece when we gathered as a family, but I resisted. I knew this gum held nothing but lies. Its flavor would fade and you would have to interrupt play time to dispose of it.
The flavor of these mints actually matches that of the gum, only lasts longer. I was worried it would hold the same sting of other winterfresh mouth flavorings. Such flavorings make me sneeze and scrinch my nose for at least 5 minutes. These do not result in said effect.

4) I really think I could make a living out of testing and writing about new food and candy products. I may have health issues in the process, but at least I would save people from making bad consumer product decisions!


not my picture