10.09.2006

boudin

In college I took a Performance Art class that was super easy and a lot of fun. One project was to perform a tradition. My group chose to perform about the Jewish Sabbath Dinner, one member in my group was a recent convert. I think we had the best performance for several reasons.


We set the mood by turning all the lights out and lit candles. We dressed in wholesome sabbath clothing. We encouraged the class to respond and participate as if they were part of the dinner with us (they also became part of the art). Repeated traditional prayers and (my favorite part) had the class saying 'shabbat shalom' to one another. Then we took it to the next level: we provided food. We broke break with the whole class. We truly made all the other groups look bad. I only wish we could have broke bread with this bad boy.




he lives in Boudin bakery and you can purchase him, an alligator, or a bear