5.24.2006

Meet the drum instructor, Shane.

Meet his band highbench here: http://www.highbenchmusic.com/

Good stuff. Intense energy and much musical talent pours out of these guys.
----

So I took my last train out of Grand Central Station last night. It was my last time in NYC for a long time.
The highlight of the subway experience was when a man entered with his bike, nothing unusual. Only a large man in a suit standing next to him loudly proclaimed:

"There are 3 things I hate on the subway: bikes, strollers, and crack addicts!"

From here you never know where the entertainment will take you. Will it be matched with hostility? Will the comment simply be ignored? Could it lead to a fight and which direction should I go to get out of the way?

The young man with the bike gave him a warm glance and stated simply:

"Well, you are really going to hate me now because I have a stroller in my packpack".

Only one person laughed, that was me. Mostly cos I had a pound of crack in my bag.