5.05.2006

gotta learn html

I am a sucker for marketing. New food products get me every time, especially if they involve chocolate. My friend Lindsey and I can talk for hours about this. We consider ourselves experts.

I have been waiting for these Nestle Crunch Stixx for months. I have seen commercial after commercial teasing me with anticipation. Each weekly grocery trip I leave with my head hung low, much digust in Stop N Shop's candy isle. WELL. Today is the day. They finally carry them! It's like opening a present on Christmas morning: testing out the highly anticipated new product, before your friends are talking about it, while the commercials are still fresh. It's the cutting edge of candy right in the palm of my hand!

The packaging- opens much like a pack of cigs. Fitting, as my addiction to chocolate is much like that of a nicotine addict. Tubes of what I imagine to be rolled-up Crunch bars are individually wrapped. They are about as thick as an index finger and about as long as, well, a pen.

Moving on...So the taste. Well, rather disapponting. It was too much like a chocolate pirouette [http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00061EXCO/103-5409553-7443851?v=glance&n=3370831] with chocolate coating. I didn't taste the slightest resmblance of a Nestle Crunch bar. Also, it melted in my hands. Maybe they could make the individual packaging like a push-up pop so it wasn't so messy. I haven't been this let down since the Doritos Rollito's [http://www.fritolay.com/fl/flstore/cgi-bin/ProdSubEV_Cat_302_SubCat_352964_NavRoot_361689.htm].

In sum, I will not buy them again. I will go for the original Crunch bar instead. Kind of a bummer. Like opening up that box on Christmas morning you thought for sure would be a small t.v., but really turned out to be a sleeping bag.

This would still be the PRIME week to get my girlscout cookies.