5.27.2009

The Name




These were the names that were on our list:


Juliet
June
Amelia
Beatrix
Colette
Corinne
Audrey
Stella
Laila
Victoria
Veronica
Caitlin
Nora

There was one nurse in particular that ADORED my daugher, she couldn't stop telling me how beautiful she was. I commented on how this made it more of a challenge to name her as we could not find a suitable name. She looked deep and long into her eyes and said 'she looks like an Olivia' and also raved about the name Juliet had I offered. After she left, the name Sylvia popped into my head. It was 5am, too soon to call Mike. But the name rang in my head over and over as I looked at my nameless baby girl and out the window of a clear Sunday morning. I knew he would either immediately love the name with me or dismiss it, there would be no inbetween. He loved it. He imagined calling her 'Sylvie' down the hallway in our home. We sealed the deal when he came back to see her with the boys that morning. And that's how we found Sylvia's name.