11.27.2008

absentee



The last two Sundays were busy, so no camera in hand.

The first one I missed, if I had my camera, I would have shot my fav scene of the weekend:

a) All of us tucked into a giant heavenly bed at The Westin in Bellevue, WA with the covers pulled up to our chins watching cartoons early one morning before the sun had breakfast.

The more recent photo would have been:

b) All of us sitting on top of the piles of laundry that needed to be washed, in addition to the giant pile of Mike's dry cleaning that I kept forgetting to take in before we left.

***

Yesterday I saw the most fabulous rainbow. Even though it has nothing on the govenator rainbows often seen in his territory, it was rather spectacular. Also, nothing beats the scent of a desert getting a fresh drink of rainwater. Wet dirt in these parts, like the coffee bean and bread aisle at Walmart, make me want to curl up with a cozy blanket on the floor and lick up the aroma for hours.