9.13.2006

punk rock girl

So there is this girl at the gym I want to be friends with. I don't remember how to make friends anymore; how to initiate anyway. As a mother you sort of congregate towards other mothers with children of matching age. It's relatively natural and simple.

But what if she isn't a mother? And what if she isn't married? What if she thinks I am hitting on her?

I can't say the following for sure "live around here?", "come here often?", "nice day out today, isn't it?"

I love the elegant tattoos on her arms, I am pretty sure that we could be best friends. I am also pretty sure she would be a great lead singer for the band I will form.

I also think she would skateboard with me and probably has some Vans. Her name could be one of these: Rachel, Amy, Gretchen, Kim, or Mary.

I imagine she doesn't smoke/ do drugs and is quite serious about staying so thin. I think she went to the spinning class when I was stepping onto the treadmill.

We probably can't be best friends if she is in the spinning class. I am just not coordinated or hardcore enough to spin.

So that leaves me with the perfume lady. And her sidekick Estee Lauder.*

------

* I have actually made some awesome friends here that I can rely on in a crunch, laugh & have fun with. I am so grateful for them. They are a lot better at making friends than I am.