9.27.2006

pull

Dear Mike,

Remember when I got home from blowing my self-imposed grocery budget last week? When I showed you the sliced gouda and sliced salami I bought just for you. So you could have a fancy little snack. A gluten-free specialty? You smiled and thanked me for being so thoughtful. We might have even hugged and smooched.

Well. It tastes really good, this stuff. I sort of just ate the last slice of each on a really good sandwich. I know you only had a couple of slices total, but hear me out! You see, I figured with us going on a trip and all there might not be time for you to enjoy it. And I bet it's better fresh, so I can get you some new slices when we get back and you will like that better. So really I am just trying not to waste food [said shyly--> foot sweeping the ground].

Sorry I ate the one thoughtful thing I did for you this week. Who knew gouda would have the same pull on my will power as chocolate?