7.10.2006

still. unpacking.

One of the few perks of s l o w l y unpacking your house is getting excited about stuff you forgot you had. For over a month now we have lived in harmony without the contents of roughly 10 boxes shoved into various corners. So I finally decided it would be nice to have the orange handled scissors today instead of always using the kitchen ones. I begin to open the boxes. I swear to you it's like a freaking wedding shower all over again, with a sprinkle of Christmas.

Pulling packing paper apart, flipping objects around quizzically:

Oh- my pyrex! I love my pyrex!

5 giant cookbooks! Just for me!?

Um. Ramekins. Niiiiiiiiiiiice. Distant relative sent these?

Set aside and continue digging into box.

Hrm. Diplomas I never framed.

Leave in box. Continue digging.

Envelopes! O these will come in so handy. I am so glad we have envelopes again.

Towels. Great! Everyone needs more towels.

Nail File! {sigh} How did I go so long without you?

More of my music! I had more music?

An XBOX! AND a DREAMCAST! Wow. In the same box. Awsome.

Could this get any more exciting?

If you don't plan on moving any time soon, I highly recommend packing up some cool stuff and unpacking it 6 months later so you never want to buy new stuff again. But if I were you I would plant some girl scout cookies to spuce it up a notch.