10.04.2009

always and foreverrrrrrrrr


From now on every night at the dinner table Mike or I will ask each family member what they did for someone else that day.


I heard The Prophet tell of this idea today and it resonates with me. Tells me this is something that will teach my children all through their lives that helping other people and thinking of others is more important than anything else they will do that day. That is how Christ lived and what an excellent way to encourage one to lead a positive life. It's not entirely natural to live that way as humans, but imagine if every single person on this earth started the day with that very thought. What can I do for someone else today? And if we each spent a few moments at the end of the day talking about it with other people who set out to do something nice for another.