7.30.2007

goodbye, July


My thoughtful package for July is for a friend who visits me each month to make sure I don't have any needs. To make sure I have friends, feel included and important and part of my ward family at church.

She is my visiting teacher, the first person I needed to rely on in a massive crunch since living here. She watched Zane while I had my Stereotactic Core Biopsy (check for breast cancer I wrote all about here) while Mike was away on a business trip. If she did not visit me those first couple of months I lived here, I would not have felt comfy asking her for such a huge favor. A favor she willingly did without hesitation. It honestly felt like I had a guardian angel plucked from the sky, it meant that much to me.

After many years in an amazing house, she is downsizing as an empty nester and moving into a newly built home soon. Leaving the one she has touched well with her personal home decorating skills. While she probably does not have need for a single material thing, I still keep thinking about her for my thoughtful package this month. It's a simple idea I hope won't become clutter in her life.

I chose a citrus fresh hand lotion from L'Occitane to help her with "refreshing" ideas for her new home she will enjoy decorating. I also included some magazines that might inspire home decoration ideas.
It's nothing spectacular and may not even be something she would choose or use, but I am gonna go with it and write up a nice little letter letting her know I was just thinking about her this month and hope her stress isn't too high with the changes going on in her life. If you haven't chosen your thoughtful package person, maybe send an email or make a call to tell someone you appreciate them who wouldn't expect to hear it.