7.20.2007

fight fire with fire

My mother called this morning to ask me about the earthquake centered in Oakland.

My response was oh yeah, the earthquake.

Since when did an earthquake become an afterthought in my often-panic-stricken mind?

Mike felt it "rumble and then shake a little". This one was further away than the last we felt. We were also on the top floor and sleeping in bed, so we were distanced from the earth. I think I might have heard something rattle in the kitchen for a moment.

+++

My early morning telephone conversation went on to another topic. My mother informed me lighters are now allowed on airplanes. Awesome. I imagine the moment that was announced all of al-Qaeda gathered immediately for a meeting to put some destructive plans together, laughing all the while at how this changes their current blueprints into 13 less steps while they eagerly work towards blowing us all up in the air.

All I have to say about it is that I am not boarding a plane until I complete courses in Fire Breathing.
While I add lighter and unicycle to my list of things to pack into my carry-on bag.