9.04.2007

same old stale topic

We watch the Noggin channel a lot in my home. There is this little video short they play often between cartoons that talks about turkeys. We get to learn about how they hatch by breaking their shell with a little egg tooth that later falls off.

For some reason I thought of this turkey process in the middle of the night and I have to be honest here, felt slightly envious of the mama turkey. How different my induction plan would be tomorrow afternoon (like the subtle update?) if I just had to show up and watch the egg hatch. If this little guy had a little egg tooth that would later fall off (well, quickly if he wanted to nurse).

So Mama Turkeys, today I am giving you a high five. Although our lives as humans are a lot more interesting and we get to eat better food, I have to tell you how great that egg deal you get sounds to me right about now. Even despite the fact that you get all cooked and shredded in November.