8.12.2006

AFO (a fire outside)

I forgot what Arizona in August felt like. Stepping foot onto the steamy asphalt caused the soles of my shoes to soften, then smolder. My face withered and about 3 gallons of water gushed from my forehead. I was speechless until I heard the cicadas clutching the thirsty branches in the scorching sun. The screeching of these beetles made the exact sound I would make if I had to describe the feeling of the desert in the summer. An alternative description would be H E L L.

Besides alternating between the state of a grape indoors and that of a raisin outdoors, it was a week full of fabulousness:

Wedding extravaganza
with the best wedding music that ever was
Meeting my newest nephew
Waiting for my newest niece- still brewing
Belated birthday celebration for the boy
Mexican food
Eyebrow waxing
Aunt Rae Rae's *NEW* drivers license
Pita Jungle
More family visits
Swimming
Bahama Rama Mama
Goodbyes
Terrorism Scares
Stomach Flips
Wishes for rental car
Plane ride home
Zero explosions

Except the sparks from the lovebirds.