3.25.2006

on an island in the sun


So I had my first attempt at playing the drums with a song today at my weekly lesson. It was Hip Hip by Weezer. It felt like home, like I have always known how to play and my hands always knew how to do it, they just haven't had a chance to sing. Like they have been caged up. I am not by any means implying I don't need to practice *a lot* just that it feels so right and exhilarating. After learning to decode songs the past 2 weeks I hear songs from a new angle. I love them more. Playing the drums is like drugs, or what I imagine being introduced to a really good drug would do to a person.

It's like I have gotten this great pair of new eyes, or ears I guess I should say. Things are just different. Life is just more fresh.

-----
Oh, Chris, I didn't take this picture, either.