10.26.2005

Royce

Today my heart skipped a beat. It has been a long time since something has taken my breath away with such grace. As I crossed the street to drop off the dry cleaning, there it was. Behold, glistening in the crisp sunlight was a 1963 beige Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud III. I couldn't hide my admiration and awe. I stopped dead in my tracks as my eyes followed the sultry curves over and over again. Hopefully the driver did not get the wrong impression. Even if he did, child on hip would have cleared things up right away.

I was dazed while speaking with the dry cleaners, glancing over my shoulder not to let it escape. I was crawling out of my skin with desire to photograph this angelic machine and oh the angles I could use! If-only-someone-could-hold-him, here: take-my-diaper-bag, let-me-get-the=camer.. oh It's gone. It rolled away with such class there was a red carpet lined with diamonds and the faint aroma of rich tobacco from a mahogany pipe lingering behind. Because mahogany pipes totally exist in your world if you drop off your dry cleaning in a Rolls-Royce.

---
I always wanted to own a 1974 Dodge Dart and refinish it to perfection. It would be parked next to my 1962 white, hard top Impala (red interior). These cars, in comparison, are nothing to me now. Do you think The Mister will have a problem if I change the 529 plan to RR funding?