4.26.2007

of a pink Christmas

bronxville, ny
I admit there are some winter days in New York I will miss. Those mornings you wake up with nothing to do and you look out the window to see clouds of white powder falling, leaving a blanket of white on everything. Even the rusty old truck the grumpy Italian man with one tooth never drove, it was beautiful that morning! I grew up in the desert; snow falling and covering the earth will always be magical to me.

I can't say there will ever be a replacement for those mornings,
but if there is
we have found it.

Last week we looked out the window to find our back fence covered in little pink roses! They are climbing up a giant tree and heading for the sky. The best part is we have never tended to anything back there, so it was quite the surprise to behold.


This last shot is looking straight up into a giant pine tree.