4.05.2007

it is i that wanted space


I regret my lack of awareness in the music scene and how delayed I am with new, good music. It's a passion of mine I have been too lazy to keep up with at the rate I would prefer.


I don't have the same down time to immerse myself inside the details of a new album like I used to. I really should put more effort into the piles of new CDs that haven't had much air time around here.


That being said, I can't help but admit this (probably top 40) song really strikes me as amazing. I know it's been out for a long time and it's not normally the type of band I would be fond of. But I can't think straight when I hear Hate Me by Blue October. I have to stop what I am doing and let it carry me like a leaf floating in a stream. It is incredibly moving. The singer has a magnetic voice with tremendous power and gut-twisting emotion. He is backed by a band that works so well together as a perfect orchestra would, obviously much different instruments. They blend well making sounds that are moving in a way I have not felt since the first All American Rejects album.

The song Hate Me by Blue October
and youtube.
*Last post for a few days. We're going on a trip.