4.07.2011

a simple Thursday

I woke up this morning feeling blue about autism. Yesterday's rough day at school for my son hit me hard in the gut and snagged my heart. Those days are hard for me to recover from. Because I can't make it better. I can't fix it. And it's not going to go away. It's part of him forever and once in a while out of the blue it will slap my face hard. Today I woke up and we prayed on our knees together. Zane and I. For him to be able to tell me what he needs. What makes him anxious. Or just anything I should know about what will let me help him. I made a conscience effort to push it from my mind and allowed myself to be comforted by Mike's words and The Holy Spirit. Ick this is starting to sound like a cheesy Ensign article. I didn't know what I would plan for the day, but for sure knew I would: 1) extend my time wearing pajama pants by several hours 2) listen to Wendy Time by The Cure- random song that popped into my head this morning 3) blow bubbles with the kids outside in the perfect weather 4) eat a big pile of nachos 5) appreciate my friends 6) mop my floor 7) tickle my kids as much as possible because nothing cures the blues like their laughter! 8) kiss Mike on the mouth when he comes home tonight from a week away Which then reminded me how happy Doing the Unstuck makes me! Let's get happy!