8.31.2007

ate things

I have really enjoyed becoming part of the gluten-free blog community with my sister-in-law Melanie. It's been so fun to get emails from people newly (and not so newly) diagnosed celiac, answer their questions, and generally hand-feed them recipes we have found to be tasty for The Celiac People.

I have also loved becoming part of a community of niche bloggers that are joining the same cause of sharing their findings for the sake of just sharing. We have found friendly commenters and sidebar linkers generous in their blog-friendships. I am so glad I take a little time out of my personal life to snap a shot of some food and post it on a regular basis. I am most glad for Melanie's contributions because she actually knows how to cook and does it well. Thanks to her, we don't have to have tacos for dinner every night.

That said, this post is for Gluten Free Gobsmacked who tagged us to write about eight things you might not know. Here is my list:

1) As a kid I refused jelly on my PB&J, loved to drink the pickle juice from the jar, and put ketchup on my mashed potatoes.

2) I crack my knuckles when I am nervous. And tuck my hair behind my ear when I blush.

3) I am more comfortable entering a room/group full of men than I am a room/group full of women.

4) I was a lot more fun to be around before I became a mother.

5) I have never been drunk.

6) I always wished I had brown eyes (mine are blue) and knew my whole life I would marry a man who had them.

7) I love the scent of rubber cement, a perm, gasoline, fresh box of crayons, film development chemicals.

8) Someday I am going to have the time available in my life to dedicate myself to a band and we are going to record something awesome. I will be the drummer. I hope my husband will be the bass player.