6.19.2007

Good Charlotte

During recess in 3rd grade I tried to follow a boy I had a crush on into the bathroom. I am not sure why I did it, I just wanted his attention. I wasn't really aware or interested in what goes on inside the boy's bathroom and how their anatomy is different. I was just boy crazy and that makes a girl, even at that age, not able to think for moments at a time.

A teacher caught me and I had to sit against the wall for a week during recess. It also meant I would not be able to participate in the monthly 'fun' activity. It was just a dumb movie and popcorn so I wasn't that upset about it. If it was a pizza party, I imagine I would have found a way to get out of the punishment.

The movie I missed was Charlotte's Web, but I finally saw it for the first time this weekend. I loved it. My favorite part was when they just get to the fair and Charlotte is sizing up the giant pig in the stall next to Wilbur. It is a much larger pig and is more likely to win first place instead of Wilbur.

"Should I worry?" he asks.

"Of course not," the spider calmly responds, "what good would that do?"

I am totally adopting that logic.

Charlotte, you rock.
I wish I knew you in 3rd grade,

I could have used that advice all these years!