5.15.2007

always and forever

Back in the day when I worked in a corporate building, I normally bought lunch from the cafe. A salad with ham and provolone chopped up on top with ranch dressing. And the dessert of the day, eaten before the salad.



Sometimes I would bring my lunch and stash it in the community fridge my office neighbors shared. Normally, it was an empty fridge. I was situated at the end of a row of offices filled with the senior level types that got fancy parking spots and filled them with Mercedes. They were pretty much too cool to bring their own lunch. But they were still my buds and I didn't hold that against them.



I couldn't resist the urge one day to fill my Pyrex with an all-time favorite lunch from home. Of course, someone important on the floor hits the fridge at lunch time and shouts down the hall:




"Ooooooooooookay, WHO brought the SpaghettiO's!?"