6.25.2006

ohmy

I am actually scheduling an audition for a band in the next couple of weeks. To try to be a drummer in a band. My palms are sweaty and my blood is flowing faster and everything is in technicolor. This so exciting, more than it is making me nervous. I am still learning 2 of their songs and have the support of the husband and the drum instructor. I am most worried about putting the drum kit together properly in the heat of the moment in front of people who are supposed to think I am cool and talented. And the middle section! It isn't in shape! UGH! Isn't that a big deal like in a job interview you want to look good and perform well? Damn you middle section for refusing to burn calories on autopilot like in years past! Couldn't you have waited until AFTER the audition stage of my life? And what do I even wear? How am I supposed to transition from career woman to housewife to drummer with clothing? I have no idea.

Time for some all-nighters alternating sit-ups and drum practice.

---

This band sounds pretty good (coldplay-ish) and are more grown-up than not (mid 30's). They have recorded in a studio and practice 1-2 times a week and play gigs once a month. Am I really ready for this experience-wise? Probably not. I have the confidence in my natural talent to get there and play all that I know. I am just so thrilled with the idea of sitting down with my drums with some musicians who know a lot more than I do about how to play music. With instruments I have been in awe of since adolescent years. Even if it is only for an audition. Even if it is only for one song.

I feel like a kid booking a trip for Disneyland.